Monday, April 13, 2009

I need a vacation!

After the week of Spring Break for the kids and a busy weekend.............I need to take a vacation or even a day of just laying in bed and doing nothing. Yesterday I woke up and my face was so puffy and tired and I was so tired I couldn't see straight until noon. Even then I didn't feel awake until I left the house at 3:00.
Saturday was Jonathan's birthday. We just had us here to celebrate, which after 7 birthday's a year in this house alone, is just fine with me. Jonathan some how managed to open most of his presents without the other kids opening them for him. They all try to get his attention at the same time though, they all say "Jonathan, Jonathan, Jonathan". I tried very hard not to yell and say "BE QUIET!". I know they all mean well, but really, when everyone is saying his name at the same time it is a little much.

After the present opening was the cake eating. Everyone sang "Happy Birthday" and waited for 10 minutes for Jonathan to blow out his candles. He wanted to dip his finger into the frosting instead. Everyone wanted to take a candle out and lick the frosting off, well, since there are only 2 candles, there was a little crying going on. (That was fun:))
Matt and I then dished up the cake and ice cream. By that time I think poor Jonathan had enough.
He was melting.


But wait, the day was not over, we still had to get the egg coloring in. Jonathan took a quick nap and then we did some egg coloring. He was not happy. He wanted to drink it and every time I said, "no, no", he would start crying. So he just sat and stared at his egg through his tears. (poor little guy) Instead of showing you a bunch of pictures of the children holding up there eggs, this is when it was over.

The next day was Easter and our Anniversary. Maybe another day I will share all the fun we had that day:)
I think I need a nap.

3 comments:

  1. This reminds me of our house 30 years ago!
    At least YOU could still hold a camera!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow 5 beautiful kiddos you brave, brave lady! I have a mere 3, and I find it impossible to keep my eyes open past 8pm most evenings, so I don't know how you do it! I adore your work- especially your gorgeous dolls! I'm having a giveaway on my blog, so please stop by and enter!
    _kelly

    ReplyDelete