Friday, September 24, 2010

a day late

I know I was supposed to post yesterday........................but, life happened.

At Tcc I saw from afar..............Melody Ross! She used to own a big company in the scrapbook world. Chatterbox. I have so many products from that company. It is one of my favorites. Since I have really not been scrapbooking in a couple of years I was out of the loop. Actually it must have been longer. She was there doing demos and looked fantastic, BTW!

She left this card at the table that intrigued me. It was Brave Girls Club. I thought she must have gone through something in her life to want to create such a club. When I got home I looked up the web site which brought me to her personal blog. I was immediately intrigued and read and read for about 3 hours!!! I never spend that much time on the computer at once. There is a lot to read on her blog, but she is such a good writer! I felt like I was watching a movie. Her story was so heartfelt and sad and brought me to tears a few times. She has 5 children and has been married to her husband for 20 years and the struggles that they have had to endure in the last 7-8 yrs SHOULD be a movie. Just a beautiful story. If you have some time check it out. You will have to go back quite a bit, but I promise it is worth it!

I have to share some of what I have put in the shop.A small minky owl. This is Matt's favorite!I LOVE this one! I had these in the shop awhile back and they sold like hot-cakes. It took me awhile to get some more made. I have 3 big ones and about 7 bookends of different colors.This is the first of some of my SPECIALTY owls. I have some other cute little ones in the early makings. This one though was very loved at TCC!Another Halloween garland! I like the ones with the hearts.BOOKENDS!! I have some more of these that match in the shop! They are perfect for the Fall Season. A cute decoration for Thanksgiving.

These little girl Owl Ornaments were a hot seller last Christmas! I have about 10 if them made in different color combos. I have 3 in the shop right now:) Stop over in the shop to see.

I would love to hear if you checked out Melody's blog and what your thoughts are.

1 comment: